Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Advice Needed 6 years 11 months ago #330

Thanks for the informative reply. Those times have all been manual, and I am confident it is 100 meters he is running. All of this information has been directly relayed to me by his track coach. This is his first year wanting to do track, as he has only participated in soccer, which all of his soccer coaches have told me he is super fast and he will go somewhere with his soccer skills. He wanted to run track to stay conditioned on his soccer off season. I know very little about track, and your reply was very helpful. I just want to make sure that I afford him all available avenues if he continues to be this gifted child. I have been researching everything trying to educate myself as well. Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advice Needed 6 years 11 months ago #329

That would be very fast. The SIJHSAA State fastest time recorded in boys 100 meter is 10.81. The Illinois High School boys record is 9.9 seconds and the current men's world record is 9.58 seconds, set by Jamaica's Usain Bolt in 2009.

How are you timing him and has this been on certified track? When converting from hand held timing to FAT (Fully Automated Timing) you would need to add 0.24 seconds to the time to adjust it. That would make a manually timed 9.6 a 9.84 FAT time. That would still be incredible fast.

Make sure the distance is in fact 100 meters and not 100 yards. If it is 100 yards you would need to multiply the time by 1.093 to get a 100 meter time so a time of 9.6 would be 10.49 then add the 0.24 to get FAT time of 10.73 which is still a very fast time.

If you want to get noticed at a national level I suggest you join the USA Track and Field and enter their regional meet to try and quality for their Junior Olympic meet which is July 24- July 30, 2017 in Lawrence, KS
www.usatf.org/Home.aspx

Another option is to join the AAU Track and Field and enter their meets and try to qualify for their Junior Olympics which is July 31 - August 5, 2017 in Ypsilanti, MI
www.aauathletics.org/

Both organizations are good and the competition is very good. Some people feel the USA Track and Field has a higher standard but either would get you in front of lots of people.

I wish him well.
-Geff

Last edit: by geff purcell.

Advice Needed 6 years 11 months ago #328

I have a child who can run a consistent 9.4-9.6 100 meter dash. Any idea how to get him noticed on a National Level?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds