2017 CLASS S STATE TOURNAMENT
at Herrin High School - March 25
(2 gyms in use)
10 am Region 6 vs Region 14 / Region 4 vs Region 10
11 am Region 3 vs Region 5 / Region 11 vs Region 15
Noon Region 8 vs Region 12 / Region 2 vs Region 16
1 pm Region 1 vs Region 7 / Region 9 vs Region 13
2:00 pm Winners of 10am matches/ Winners of 11am matches
3:00 pm Winners of Noon matches / Winners of 1pm matches
20 Minute Break from Second Round Matches
Winners of 2:00pm Matches / Winners of 3:00pm Matches
20 Minute Break from Semi-Final Matches
Losers of Semi-Final Matches (3rd) / Winners of Semi-Final Matches (Championship)
*Please fax eligibility sheets and rosters to the attention of Angie Helfrich
Herrin High School-700 North 10th Street-Herrin, IL
Regional Meetings March 1
Regionals March March 14-21
|REGION 1||REGION 2||REGION 3||REGION 4|
|Egyptian||Lick Creek||Ewing Northern||OLMC-Herrin|
|Century||Giant City||Carrier Mills||Elverado|
|Dongola||Shawnee||Crab Orchard||Unity Christian-Energy|
|Joppa-Maple Grove||St. Andrew Co-op||Galatia|
|REGION 5||REGION 6||REGION 7||REGION 8|
|Summersville||Tamaroa||St.John Lu.-Chester||St.John Ca.-Tr. Lu Co-op-Red Bud|
|Bluford||Pinckneyville #204||Prairie DuRocher||St.Libory|
|Opdyke Belle-Rive||St.Bruno-Pinckneyville||Steeleville||New Athens|
|Spring Garden||Waltonville||St.Marks Lu.-Steeleville||St.John Lu.-Red Bud|
|St.Mary's Ca.-Mt.Vernon||St.Marys Ca.-Chester|
|REGION 9||REGION 10||REGION 11||REGION 12|
|St.Peter-Paul Ca.-Waterloo||St.Rose||All-Saints-Breese||St.Ann Ca.-Nashville|
|St.James Ca.-Millstadt||Albers/Dam. Co-op||Bartelso||Ashley|
|St.Teresa Ca.-Belleville||Aviston||Germantown||Irvington-N.Wamac Co-op|
|Signal Hill||Holy Trinity Ca.-Fairview Heights||Okawville||Tr.Lu.-Hoyleton|
|Valmeyer||Maryville Christian||Trinity Lu.-Hoffman||TSJ/Im. Lu. Okawville Co-op|
|REGION 13||REGION 14
||REGION 15||REGION 16
|New Horizon-Centralia||Field||Altamont Lu.||Cisne|
|Odin||Grrand Prairie||Iuka||Clay City|
|Sandoval||Kell-Farrington Co-op||Patoka||Jasper-Geff Co-op|
|Willow Gr.-St.Mary's Co-op||Trinity Lutheran-Centralia||St.Theresa/ACA Co-op||St.Mary's Ca.-Mt.Carmel|
Regionals…..$2 (Students 8th grade & down) & $3 (Adults)
State…..$2 (Students 8th grade & down) & $5 (Adults)
Admission is good for all day.
Warm-up at State:
3-3-3-2 for first round matches
2-2-2-1 for additional rounds
One team trophy is awarded at each regional.
20 individual medallions and 4 team trophies are awarded at the state level.
The Wilson WTH7720XWHI (Composite/White) volleyball will be used in the SIJHSAA State Series.
From ARTICLE XXXI of the SIJHSAA BY-LAWS:
Illinois High School Volleyball Rules shall be in effect unless otherwise stated in the SIJHSAA By-Laws.
- Scoring shall be 25, 25, and 15.
- A maximum of 15 players, listed on your eligibility sheet, may dress for the Regional. Once your eligibility sheet is turned into your regional organizer, it is final and can't be altered. If your school advances to the State Finals - You may submit a new altered eligibility sheet to your State Tournament Host - once it is turned in it is final and can't be altered.
- “B” or “JV” contests are designated for students in the 7th grade or below.
- Numbers placement and color of uniforms may vary from IHSA rules.
- At the present time, the SIJHSAA does not place a limitation on the number of games or tournaments a team may participate in.
- Eligibility guidelines are set forth in the early pages of the SIJHSAA By-Laws.
- Your eligibility sheet should be available at all contests and should be taken to the regional meeting.